Train like Hollie.
Trade like a pro.
NO SHORTCUTS TO SUCCESS
Meet Hollie Pearne-Webb, MBE
We are delighted to welcome hockey player and Olympic gold medallist Hollie Pearne-Webb to our group of inspirational Trade Nation ambassadors. Hollie has given everything to her sport since she was just eight years old, achieving her ultimate dream when she scored the last penalty in the 2016 Olympic final in Rio de Janeiro. This won the Great Britain women's national field hockey team their very first Olympic gold medal.
We couldn’t be happier to partner with Hollie, a sporting great who is totally aligned with our core values of hard work, dedication and focus.
“Discipline comes from knowing there are no shortcuts. If you’re not willing to do everything you possibly can, you’ll have regrets if you’re not successful.”
INTRODUCING HOLLIE PEARNE-WEBB MBE
Welcome to Trade Nation, Hollie! How do you feel about being a brand ambassador?
- Hollie: I’ve grown very interested in trading recently and I’d like to find out more about it, which is why I’m really excited to be working with Trade Nation and getting that opportunity. I like what Trade Nation stands for in terms of promoting hard work in order to reap the rewards. Nothing in life comes easy! This is exactly the same principle I have to align to as an elite athlete.
We’re firm believers that there’s no shortcut to success, whether that’s trading or something else. How much do you think your dedication has contributed to your own success?
- Hollie: Any elite athlete will tell you that it’s not enough to be talented — you’ll never make it if you’re just talented. You definitely need to be willing to put the work in. If you look at my squad of 26 women, every single one of those athletes has worked really hard to get to where they are. There’s a number of really talented athletes that haven’t made it and perhaps that’s what they lacked. Having the ability to push yourself as much as you can is absolutely crucial to making it in elite sport.
How have you stayed so disciplined after all these years?
- Hollie: My discipline and drive come from when I first picked up a hockey stick at eight years old. Then a year later it was the Sydney Olympic Games and I remember watching it at school and at home, and that’s when I wanted to be an Olympian and go and play hockey. From that moment, that’s always been my goal. So, having long, short and medium-term goals is absolutely key for me and that’s what drives me every single day. Discipline comes from knowing there are no shortcuts and if you’re not willing to do everything you possibly can, you’ll have regrets.
You must have really felt the pressure when you took the last penalty in the final at the Rio Olympics! What allowed you to stay focused?
- Hollie: Preparation is fundamental for success. When I stepped up to take that last penalty, I felt so prepared that I almost didn’t have to think about what I was doing. I knew how I was going to portray myself and I’d done my homework on what the goalie could do, so there were strategies in place. But staying in your bubble and pushing distractions aside doesn’t just happen. It takes a lot of preparation and you have to train yourself to do it.
What would you say to somebody who wants to achieve a particular goal but is having doubts?
- Hollie: I think I’m an example of someone who has come from a very ordinary background and achieved my ultimate dream of winning an Olympic gold medal. Whatever your dream is, you are able to achieve it as long as you’re willing to work hard, be disciplined, set goals and surround yourself with the right people. Do these things, and you can achieve whatever you want to.
“Whatever your dream is, you are able to achieve it as long as you’re willing to work hard, be disciplined, set goals, and surround yourself with the right people.”
“It’s not enough to be talented — you’ll never make it if you’re just talented. You definitely need to put the work in too.”
Meet the Trade Nation Brand Ambassadors
We’re dedicated to changing trading for the better and we’re ecstatic to announce that we’ve got a growing team of ambassadors helping to spread the message.
OUR SHARED BELIEF
No shortcuts to success
This is the mantra connecting Trade Nation to its inspiring bunch of brand ambassadors. We couldn’t be prouder of our partnerships with these incredible professionals truly at the top of their game. Their dedication and graft have led them to great things, and we believe traders can learn a lot from this mentality as they embark on their own journeys to success.
Want to know more about becoming a Trade Nation partner?
Call us any time Mon-Fri on +44(0)203 180 5952